What Is Dry Skin?
One of the most frustrating and common problem that you see in many women and men is dry skin problem. Constant weather changes, pollution, current food habits as well as harmful rays of the sun all are some of the causes for dry skin problems in men and women. They cause destruction on the skin and make it quite dry and sensitive. The skin needs to be hydrated all the time to remain soft and smooth. Once the skin gets dehydrated it loses its flexibility and smoothness and becomes scaly, cracked and so dry that you feel like itching and scratching your skin. It is important for you to treat dry skin symptoms as soon as possible in order to regain the glow of the skin. There are a few home remedies that you can try out to treat dry skin problems.
Simple & Effective Home Remedies for Treating Dry Skin
1 Cucumber Face Pack
Cucumber is a cooling agent and helps in effectively treating dry skin.
- Make a thick paste of one solid cucumber and apply it on your face.
- Leave it on your face for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with tap water and repeat this process twice a week to prevent skin dryness.
2 Egg Yolk Pack
Egg yolk is another natural home remedy to treat dry skin.
- Mix an egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of milk and a teaspoon of honey to make a face pack.
- Apply this paste on your face as well as other dry areas of your skin.
- Leave it on your skin for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Take a cold shower bath and use mild soap.
- Repeat this process two to three times a week for effective results.
3 Fresh Cream And Lemon Juice
- Add quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder and a teaspoon of lemon juice to one tablespoon of fresh cream. Mix this well.
- Apply this mixture on your face and affected areas and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Massage your face for 15 minutes and wash it off.
- Do this at least twice a week to enjoy smooth and glowing skin.
4 Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is an excellent skin moisturizer and will help in impurities from entering your skin pores.
- Extract juice from fresh Aloe Vera and apply it generously al over your face as well as the dry skin areas.
- Leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes and was it off.
- Apply this juice once in three days to remove dead skin, prevent aging of skin as well as to moisture the skin.
- Yoghurt is rich in antioxidant and also has anti inflammatory properties apart from being a cooling agent.
- Mix plain yoghurt with a few drops of lime juice and a teaspoon of honey.
- Apply this on your dry face and other dry skin areas of your body and leave it there for 20 minutes.
- Now rinse it off in cold water. Repeated use will make your skin soft and smooth.
6 Papaya Face Pack
Papaya is a well known fruit to treat dry skin and is also effective in removing scars.
- Make a paste of ripe papaya, an avocado and a banana in the blender.
- Apply this on your face and dry skin areas and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off and repeat this twice or thrice a week for soft skin.
7 Banana Paste
Banana is rich in antioxidants, minerals and vitamins and will help in keeping skin soft and smooth.
- Make a paste of two ripe bananas and apply it on your face and dry areas of your skin.
- Leave it there for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off and repeat this process once in three days to enjoy smooth and shiny skin.
8 Rose And Honey Face Pack
- Mix a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of rose water and apply it on your face and neck. Let it dry and then wash it off.
- This will help in cleansing your skin, toning it and regular application will help in making your skin soft and smooth.
9 Almond Gram Flour Paste
Almonds will not just relieve you from dry skin problems but will also help in toning your skin.
- Soak a handful of almonds in water overnight. Peel the skin and grind it to make smooth paste.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cold milk, 1 tablespoon of gram flour and a teaspoon of lemon juice to this along paste and mix properly.
- Apply this pack on your face, neck as well as other dry skin areas.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off in lukewarm water by scrubbing the paste. This will make your skin soft and prevent from drying.
10 Bath In Lukewarm Water
- Make sure that the time that you take to bath is short.
- Make sure that you shower only with warm water and not hot water to prevent skin from drying easily.
- Use gentle soap and face wash on your skin to prevent skin from drying.
11 Care After Taking A Shower
There are a few things that you need to remember after taking a quick shower.
- Never try to dry yourself by rubbing with a towel.
- Always pat dry after a shower.
- Apply a natural moisturizer to help your skin retain water.
12 Exfoliate Your Skin
- Make sure that you scrub your skin twice every skin to get rid of dead skin on face, neck and all over your body.
- If you have sensitive skin, then try using mild scrubbers once a week to remove dead skin.
13 Diet Changes
Make a few diet as well as lifestyle changes to prevent dry skin.
- Eat foods rich in vitamins, minerals and proteins.
- Some of the foods you need to take daily are: milk, eggs, carrot, nut, cream, peas, spinach, oranges and mushrooms.
14 Oil Therapy
- Mix three parts of olive oil with one part of grape seed oil or castor oil.
- Rub this oil mixture gently in your palm and then spread it on your face as well as areas where you sense dry skin.
- Dip a washcloth in hot water, squeeze water out and place it on your face till it gets cold. Rinse the oil from washcloth and repeat the process three to four times to get smooth skin.
- Mix 5 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 4 tablespoons of honey and one avocado paste and apply on areas where you feel that you skin is dry.
- Gently massage the mixture on your skin and leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water to get smooth skin.
Are you worried about dry skin? Do you feel embarrassed to move with people because of dry, itchy and cracked skin? Well, then you need to try out a few of the above mentioned home remedies to easily get rid of dry skin.