Most of the people lose 50-100 strands of hair every day. When hair is washed, people can lose up to 250 strands of hair. When you lose more hair from the scalp or from other parts of the body, you will be having hair loss. Alopecia is the medical term for hair loss. The hair grows about half an inch per month. About 90 % of a person’s hair will be in the growth phase at any given time. Another 10 % will be in the dormant stage and after 2-3 months these dormant hairs falls out.
• If you see large amount of hair on your pillow when you wake up in the morning you will be suffering from hair fall
• If you find more than normal hair left in the comb when you comb your hair, then you will be having hair loss problem.
• When hair loss occurs, men’s hair recedes from the forehead or from the crown of the head.
• Women will experience thinning of hair and the parting becomes wider and sees more of their scalp.
Sudden hair loss indicates underlying medical condition and requires identifying the problem causing the hair loss.
The important causes of hair fall or hair loss includes
• Hereditary conditions
• Medical conditions such as anemia and autoimmune diseases and thyroid disorders
• Scalp infections
• Skin conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis
• Certain hairstyles which causes traction on the hair.
• Hair-pulling disorder
Hair loss can appear in different ways depending on the cause. Some types of hair losses are temporary and some are permanent. It is possible to prevent the temporary loss of hair using various home remedies available.
1. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk has rich properties of nourishing hair tissues. It will help in effectively reducing hair loss.
• Scraps fresh coconut and grind the coconut scrapings in a blender.
• Squeeze the paste to extract coconut milk.
• Now apply this coconut milk extract generously on your hair and scalp and leave it on the hair for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Massage your scalp with the coconut milk.
• This will effectively help in preventing hair fall.
• Apply coconut milk on the scalp once every week to prevent hair fall.
2. Neem Leaves Juice
One of the most sought after herbs in India is the neem leaves as it has loads of medicinal properties. It is also an effective herb to treat hair loss in men and women.
• Boil fresh neem leaves in water until the water reduces to half its quantity.
• Cool this water and then wash your hair and scalp with this water mixture.
• Repeat this process once or twice a week regularly to prevent hair loss.
3. Honey And Olive Oil
• Add two tablespoons of honey and two tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl.
• Mix it well and to this mixture add a tablespoon of fresh cinnamon powder and make it a smooth paste.
• Apply this mixture on the scalp and your hair and leave it there for 20 to 25 minutes.
• This will help in soothing your hair and is effective in growing new hair.
• Apply this mixture on your scalp regularly every week to see visible results.
4. Aloe Vera Juice And Neem Paste
• Extract fresh juice from the aloe vera plant and add dried neem leaf powder to this juice.
• Mix it well and add a few drops of herbal amla oil to this mixture.
• Now apply this mixture on your scalp and hair evenly so that it reaches every nook and corner.
• Keep it on the scalp for half an hour and then wash it off.
• Repeat this once or twice a week to enjoy lustrous hair.
5. Egg White And Curd Paste
• Take egg white of two eggs in a bowl and add two tablespoons of fresh curd or yoghurt to the egg white.
• Mix this well and then add a tablespoon of shikakai or neem powder that you get in the market to this mixture.
• Apply it generously on your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes.
• Wash it off and repeat every week to prevent hair fall.
• Heat coconut oil with dried amla until the color of the oil turns black.
• Cool this oil mixture and then apply it on your scalp.
• Massage your scalp with this hair oil mixture properly for 10 minutes.
• Leave it on the scalp for 30 minutes and then wash it off.
• Repeat once a week for effective results.
7. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera juice is said to be very effective in preventing hair loss and is also a good goal to nourish your hair and scalp.
• You can apply pure aloe vera directly on your scalp.
• Just cut the aloe vera leaf in half and apply the juicy portion of the leaf on your scalp.
• This will prevent hair loss due to scalp dryness or irritation.
• Apply the aloe vera juice on your scalp and massage your scalp properly.
• Wait for a few hours and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Do this twice a week or effective results.
8. Oil Massage
• Applying coconut oil on your head everyday will help in preventing hair loss.
• Regular massage of your head with lukewarm hair oil every day for a few minutes before your bath will help in nourishing your scalp and improve blood flow.
• This will prevent hair loss.
• You can also use jojoba oil, neem oil, mustard oil and almond oil.
9. Homemade Brew
You can prepare a concoction in your home and apply it on your hair to prevent hair loss.
• Mix about 30 to 45 ml of vodka or alcohol with a teaspoon of pepper and pour this mixture in warm water.
• Wash your hair and scalp with this mixture once a week to reduce hair fall.
10. Onion And Honey Application
• Cut onion in half and apply the juicy part of the cut onion on your scalp evenly so that every area is covered.
• Now follow this by generously applying honey all over the scalp and massaging it into the scalp.
• Leave it there for a few minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Repeat this process once in ten days to prevent hair fall.
11. Lime Seeds
Lime seeds and black pepper combination are found to be effective in covering small bare patches on your scalp.
• Powder the dried lime seeds and add this to fresh grounded pepper powder.
• Mix these powders with small amount of water to make it a smooth paste.
• Apply in the areas of your scalp where you feel hair loss is prominent and massage it to rejuvenate your scalp.
• Repeat this process once a week to see hair growth in the affected area.
12. Avoid Junk Foods
All unhealthy eating habits and unhealthy lifestyle are also reasons for hair loss.
• Try to avoid junk foods and oily foods as far as possible.
• Increase the intake of water in order to remove toxins.
• Include moderate exercise to your routine to improve blood flow to your head and scalp to prevent hair loss.
13. Shana Seeds
• Make a paste of shana seeds in coconut or castor oil that is lukewarm.
• Now, apply this mixture on your scalp and massage it gently on to your scalp.
• Leave it to rest for half an hour and then rinse it off using a mild shampoo.
• Repeat for two days a week to see good results.
14. Eating A Balanced Diet
It is highly important to eat a balanced and nutritious diet to prevent hair fall.
• Make sure that you increase the amount of iron, vitamins and minerals intake in your daily diet to help prevent hair fall.
• Lots of greens and vegetables need to be included in your healthy diet to reduce hair loss.
15. Maintaining Hair
• Washing and brushing your hair properly will also help in preventing hair fall.
• It is also important for you to trim and prevent tearing of hair.
• Make sure that you get rid of split ends soon.
16. Tobacco Sauce
• Mixing your regular shampoo with a few drops of tobacco sauce is found to be effective to prevent hair fall.
17. Tea Decoction
• Wash off your hair with a mixture of tea decoction and lemon juice mixture to maintain the health of the hair and to prevent hair fall.
18. Reduce Blow Drying Your Hair
• Blow drying hair will damage hair follicles and dry out the scalp.
• Do not overuse hair dryer as this will result in hair fall.
Are you tired of seeing your hair fall regularly? Do you feel that you are suffering from moderate hair loss? If this is the case, then you will need to try out a few of the above mentioned home remedies to easily prevent hair fall.