Any pain in the abdominal area is referred as stomach pain or stomach ache. There are different organs in the abdomen and any problems or diseases of any of these organs can be a source of stomach pain. Hence there are different causes of stomach pain. Most of the causes are not serious and can be readily treated.
Some of the most common causes of stomach pain are
• Viral infections
• Food poisoning
• Food allergies
• Menstrual cramps
• Kidney stones
• Urinary tract infection
• Crohn’s disease
• Lactose intolerance
If the stomach pain is accompanied by the following symptoms get the help of health care provider
• Frequent urination
• Inability to pass stool
• Tenderness of the abdomen
• Pain lasting for several days
These symptoms indicate internal problem. Seek immediate medical help if you
• Vomit blood
• Have bloody stools
• Have difficulty in breathing
• Having pain during pregnancy
If you do not have any severe problems and if you are able to identify the cause of the pain, you can try some home remedies to relieve the stomach pain.
The following are the natural and herbal home remedies that you can think of when it comes to effectively treating many kinds of stomach discomfort and problems.
Ginger is one the well-known natural remedy for a lot of health ailments. It has rich sources of anti-inflammatory properties as well as antioxidant properties. Taking fresh ginger when you suffer from stomach pain or cramps will help alleviate the pain.
• Add a few pieces of mashed ginger in your morning and evening tea, preferably green tea, to do away with stomach ache in two to three days.
• Add a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice to one tablespoon of lime juice and mix them well in a glass of water.
• Now add a tablespoon of honey to this mixture and drink this juice every day in the morning to alleviate stomach aches.
Warm saltwater is not just a home remedy to treat sore throat but it also works equally good for an upset stomach.
• In a cup of warm water add one teaspoon of salt. Stir it well so that the salt dissolves completely in water.
• Drink this water as quickly as possible to take care of stomach cramps, pain and an upset stomach.
Apple cider vinegar is a rich ingredient that works as an antiseptic and also is a natural cleaner. It helps in the absorption of nutrients and prevents indigestion. It is very good when it comes to stomach pains.
• Add two or three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of cold or warm water. Mix it well.
• Consume this water before taking a meal to help prevent stomach pains.
Fresh mint leaves also aid in digestion and is used a remedy to treat stomach pains and cramps.
• Chewing one or two fresh mint leaves two or three times a day for a couple of days will bring a lot of relief to your stomach pain.
• Add few sprigs of mint to a cup of hot boiling black tea.
• Drink this tea two to three times a day.
• It will provide you very good relief from stomach pains.
One of the easily available fruits in your home would be a lemon. If you do not find ginger or mint in your home, then you can very well drink fresh lemon juice to help in reducing stomach pain.
• Add two to three teaspoons of fresh lemon juice to a cup of warm water. Mix it well.
• Drink it two or three times a day to experience big relief from your stomach pains.
Chamomile tea helps in calming the nerves and is very good in soothing stomachache.
• Drink chamomile tea that you get in the grocery stores with a dash of lemon juice to get better relief from stomach aches and pains.
• Soak one teaspoon of cardamom seeds in a glass of water for ten minutes.
• Add five to six pieces of cumin seeds also in this water for some time.
• Drink this strained water three times a day before your meals to get good relief from stomach pains.
There are many benefits that you get from fresh aloe vera juice. It is very good to drink aloe vera if you are suffering from intestinal problems.
• Mix one tablespoon of fresh aloe vera juice in a glass of warm water. Add lemon juice to this mixture and mix well.
• Drink this water two times a day to get better relief from stomach cramps, indigestion, gas problems as well as diarrhea.
• Boil a teaspoon of ajwain seeds in a cup of plain water for about 5 minutes.
• Now strain the seeds away and to this water add a pinch of common salt.
• Drink this water two times a day before meals.
• It will provide you excellent relief from stomach pain.
Fennel seeds are known to have properties that will help in easing stomach bloating and also prevent stomach pain.
• Add one teaspoon of fennel seeds in a cup of boiling water.
• Mix it well and then strain off the fennel seeds.
• Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to this water and drink it before meals to help in preventing indigestion as well as stomach aches.
• Place a heating pad or hot water bottle on your tummy where you feel pain.
• Keep it pressed in the area for a couple of minutes. Remove the heat pack and then again place it on the area for another two minutes.
• Repeat the process four to five times’ day to get some relief from stomach pain.
It is ideal for you eat easily digested foods when you are suffering from stomach pains.
• Try to avoid dairy products for a couple of days as it has natural bacteria that would not do any favor to your stomach.
• Avoid spicy, greasy or sugar filled foods and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables to ease stomach pains.
Are you suffering from stomach cramps, pains or indigestion problems? Then, the above easy home remedies could come to your rescue to easily get rid of your stomach pain and indigestion problems.