Many women are seen coming over to the doctor with complaints about varicose veins. These are veins that are tortuous and dilated veins that run right under the skin of the legs and they are thus apparent. Even though they are benign mostly, one may wish to get rid of them due to cosmetic reasons. Many women have them instead of men and they are in a dilemma how to deal with them.
Varicose veins usually run in the family history. Thus, if you have people in the family having them, you are more likely to get them.
• There are valves that act as doorways and run through the veins in order to push the blood flow back to the heart up from the feet. When such a doorway becomes too flappy, fluid tends to accumulate in the veins. That makes them pop out more than usual.
• Such a nature of the veins is often genetic in nature and there is not much that one can do to prevent them from occurring.
The symptoms of varicose veins are characteristic in those who suffer them. The symptoms and signs are not as scary as they look.
• Sometimes people may develop tenderness around the area surrounding the enlarged veins
• There might occur mild swelling of the legs
• One could suffer from skin tightening or itching sensation in the legs
• One could even find the legs going heavy
• The size of the veins is not proportional to the amount of discomfort that they can cause
• The main complaint that emerges is that, it makes one’s legs appear ugly
• Hormonal imbalance can bring on enlarged varicose veins especially if one has genetic predisposition towards it
There are many natural ways to treat varicose veins:
One could have spent a long day on their feet after which they might find mild swelling:
• That is remedied by elevating the legs
• One can put up the legs on some pillows when they come home
• The blood flow works with gravity and comes back to the hart
One could use ice in the following manner:
• It can be used to constrict the blood vessels
• If there is swelling or discomfort one could apply an ice pack over the swollen veins
Medicine such as Ibuprofen can help by:
• Reducing inflammation or swelling in the legs.
• One should refer to a doctor before taking them
Such stockings can be found in medical stores:
• These stockings help to tighten the skin
• They provide external support to the veins and allow the blood flow to move up more easily towards the heart
One should do regular cardiovascular exercises:
• That will prevent the blood flow from accumulating in the varicose veins
• The blood flow and circulation will improve
Suffering from varicose veins? Do not wish to take up medicines for the same? These effective home remedies will help to keep such a condition in control.