Pimples are one of the most common skin conditions that you will see in many people especially in teenagers. It is nothing but the inflammation of the skin caused by the attack of bacteria on the sebaceous glands (oil glands). The bacteria infect the skin and this makes the skin to swell up by forming a puss inside. The main reason for the occurrence of pimples is teenagers are due to the excess secretion of sebum by the oil glands during their puberty stage when they undergo a lot of hormonal changes. It normally is seen on the face, neck, back and shoulders. Pimples are not a critical problem at all but it makes you look very miserable and poor in appearance.
Some of the common causes of pimples are mentioned below:
There are no specific symptoms that you will experience to predict that you are going to get pimples on your face or neck or back.
There are many home remedies that you can try out to make a fist of the pimples affecting your skin.
Turmeric has antiseptic properties that will fight the bacteria that cause pimples and reduce the production of pimples on the skin.
• Take a tablespoon of turmeric powder and mix it with a few drops of water to make it a thick paste.
• Apply this paste on the affected areas of your face and neck and leave it there for a few minutes.
• Rinse it off with cold water. Repeat this process for five to six days to effectively reduce pimples.
Mint leaves are said to have real cooling and antiseptic properties and can work wonders on pimples.
• Take a bunch of fresh mint leaves and grind it to a rough paste form.
• Now squeeze the mint juice out of this paste.
• Apply this mint juice generously all over your face and neck and leave it to rest on the face overnight.
• Wash it off the next day with water and mild soap.
• Repeat this process for four to five days to reduce pimples on face and neck.
One of the quickest ways to treat pimples is the use of lemon juice. It is rich in Vitamin C and helps to easily dry out pimples.
• Extract 2 tablespoons of lemon juice from two medium sized fresh lemons.
• Dab a generous amount of lemon juice on a cotton ball and apply it to the pimples on your face and neck. Leave it there for 20 minutes and wash it off.
• Repeat this two to three times a day for three to four days to see visible results.
Garlic is a natural remedy to treat pimples as it has antifungal, antiviral and antiseptic properties. The sulfur in the garlic will help to heal pimples quickly.
• Cut a big clove of garlic into two pieces.
• Now apply the cut end of the garlic on the pimples and leave the juice on the pimples for five minutes.
• Wash this off in lukewarm water and repeat this treatment several times a day to quickly see effective results.
• You can also eat one or two cloves of raw garlic a day to purify your blood and this will help reduce pimples.
Toothpaste that you use to brush your teeth is found to be very effective in treating pimples. You must only use the white toothpaste on your pimples for good results.
• Apply white toothpaste on the affected areas of your face and neck overnight before going to bed.
• Wash your face with water and see if there is some reduction in the size of the pimples.
• You can also do this procedure during day time and make sure that toothpaste remains on the pimples for about one to one and a half hours to see visible results.
Steam is a wonderful treatment for pimples as it will help to open up the pores of the skin and allow the skin to breathe freely. So, the bacteria, dirt and oil trapped in the skin will be easily removed from the skin.
• If you have a steam tub at home, then you need to fill the tub with hot water and allow the steam to come in contact with your face and neck.
• Allow the steam to hit your face for a few minutes.
• Rinse your face now with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
• Repeat this process two times a day for four to five days to reduce pimples and to make skin glow.
Ice is also very effective home remedy for pimples. It removes dirt and oil from skin and also improves blood circulation.
• Wrap ice cubes or crushed ice in a piece of clean cotton cloth and hold it on the pimples on your face and neck or a few minutes.
• Wait for a few minutes and repeat the process three to four times.
• Do this twice a day to see effective results.
• Take one or two teaspoons of freshly ground cinnamon powder and mix it with a tablespoon of honey and lemon juice.
• Make a smooth paste of this mixture and apply on the pimples.
• Leave it there for 20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
• You can also leave it overnight and wash it off the next day morning to see good results.
• Grind orange peels and mix them with a few drops of water.
• Make it into a paste and apply it on the affected areas of your face.
• Leave it to react with pimples for half an hour and wash it off to see effective results.
Honey is a rich source of natural antibiotics and helps to heal pimples effectively.
• Dip a clean cotton ball in pure honey and apply it generously on the pimples on your face and neck.
• Leave the honey on your pimples for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Repeat the process three times a day to see effective results.
Papaya is rich in antioxidants and helps in reducing inflammation of the pimples.
• Cut raw papaya into pieces and crush it in a blender.
• Squeeze this paste to extract raw papaya juice and apply this juice over the pimples.
• Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off to see effective results.
• Cut cucumber into slices and soak it in drinking water for an hour. All the nutrients and vitamins in the cucumber will get transferred into the water.
• Strain the cucumber water and drink it. Repeat this process two times a day for five days to see visible results.
• Grind one cucumber into a smooth paste in a blender.
• Add a few drops of honey and lemon juice to cucumber paste and mix it well.
• Apply this mixture on the face as a mask and leave it there for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. Repeat everyday to see effective results.
• Dab a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it slightly on the affected areas of your face and skin.
• You need to just apply limier amount and you do not need to wash it off.
• Repeat this process once or twice daily to reduce pimples.
Tomatoes are natural antioxidants and will help in easily removing pimple scars on your skin.
• Cut tomatoes into halves and apply the juicy area of the tomato on the pimples. Hold it for two to three minutes and repeat the same after five minutes.
• Do this twice a day for three to four days to effectively remove pimples.
• Just take the egg white from an egg and apply it generously to the affected areas of your face and skin.
• Leave the paste as long as you can on the pimples or even let it dry on the pimples to see visible results soon.
• Dip a little bit of lavender oil on a cotton wool and apply it directly on the big pimples on your face and neck.
• Repeat this process often to get rid of pimples soon.
• Grind neem leaves and then extract its juice. Now add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to this juice and mix well.
• Apply this mixture on the pimples and leave it there for 15 minutes or even overnight.
• Wash it off and repeat every day to get rid of pimples.
Are you worried of reddish and puss filled pimples on your face? Do you find it difficult to move freely in public due to annoying pimples on face? Well, you can get rid of the pimples easily by choosing any of the above effective home remedies.