Spiders are tiny insects that most people are afraid of. There are many people who suffer from Arachnophobia or fear of spiders. Many people start to scream by the sight of a small spider. People fear using chemical pesticides on the spiders because they fear that the poisonous gases might cause them health problems. No one loves to admire spiders crawling on their home walls or their hands. Most of the people are averse to killing the insect as well. There are over 40,000 species of spiders out there in this world and many are on the look out for certain magical powers to get rid of the spiders from their homes. Some of the spiders are very dangerous and deadly creatures and it is better to get rid of the spiders in your home than to get afraid of them.
Brown recluse spider is a very dangerous insect and a bite from this spider species can cause severe health problems in humans. Spiders are insects that love to live outdoors and it is better for you also to get rid of the spiders in your home and let them live outdoors. Spiders have more food for them outside than they can find in a home. It is you who will have to show the spiders the way out and that too naturally. The following are some of the easiest ways of getting the spiders out of your home naturally and safely.
Best Ways To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Home
1. Removing Spider Hangouts
You would have noticed that the spiders dive under the nearest thing that they possibly find to escape from you. Spiders have instincts to hide in smaller places where their predators will not be able to catch them. So, they tend to thrive in the cracks or lurk in far to reach places.
- It is important for you to target the outside of the home and to eliminate the most common habitats for the spiders outside your home.
- Spiders are more commonly found in wood piles or places where there is rich vegetation.
- Make sure that you keep these things a little away from your home so that the spider does not get easy access into your home.
2. Regular Cleaning
One of the most common things that you need to bear in mind is that spiders do not thrive in clean places. Keeping your home clean and tidy will ensure that there are no spiders in your home. They will not have easy places to hide and no food to eat in cleaner homes. The less amount of food for the spiders means that they are not interested in staying in your home and would look for some other habitat.
- Thorough vacuuming once a week on roof tops, wall corners, crevices and so on in your home will eliminate all the spider eggs, cobwebs as well as eggs of other insects that spiders feed on. This will help in keeping spiders away.
- It is also important for you to empty the dust and the debris collected by the vacuum cleaner far away from your home.
- All drawers, cupboards, doors and windows need to be given a thorough cleaning once in a fortnight to keep spiders away from your home.
3. Seal All Cracks
Cracks in your home are an ideal breeding place for spiders. There should be no easy ways for the spiders to get into your home and cracks on walls, windows or doors are easy access points for spiders.
- Make sure that you check out all your interior and exterior walls for cracks and holes.
- If you spot cracks on your walls, then make sure that you cover these cracks to prevent spider menace.
- If you are living in an old home, then you need to check out windows and doors as well for cracks and seal the cracks immediately.
- Replace all torn window screens to prevent spiders and other flying insects from entering your home.
Vinegar is found to be a non harmful and effective product that you can use to fight spiders in your home. They have a pungent smell and are also cheap natural product.
- Add a few teaspoons of vinegar in a spray bottle containing water.
- Mix it well and spray this liquid in all the common cracks and gaps that you see all around your home.
5. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil is an insect repellent and has been used for eliminating the threat of the spiders in homes. It is non poisonous and you can use it as an insect spray in your homes.
- Add two tablespoons of peppermint oil in a glass of water.
- Mix it well and then pour this liquid in a spray bottle.
- Spray the peppermint toil liquid on all cracks and holes in your home walls, windows and doors.
- Using this regularly once a day will keep spiders from entering your home.
6. Baking Soda
- Spiders are averse to baking soda powder and do not like the smell of the powder.
- Sprinkling a little bit of baking soda around your home once in two to three days will not be a bad idea to prevent spiders from entering your home.
Natural Ways To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Home
7. Cedarwood Chips
- Cedar wood chips are known to be very effective in deterring moths. But, they are also found to be good in keeping spiders away.
- Sprinkling cedarwood chips outside your home as well as in cupboards, wall corners and window corners once in a week will help you to prevent spiders from entering your home that easily.
- If you have a cat at home, then they are the ones that will help to keep the spiders away.
- Cats are known to pounce on spiders and do not like the sight of a spider.
- Chestnuts are another ingredient that will deter the spiders.
- They do not like chestnut and hence it would be ideal for you to place the chestnuts on window sills or baseboards in order to deter spiders and to refuse them entry into your home.
10. Citrus Oil
- Citrus oil is another natural spider repellent that will deter the spiders.
- All you need to do is to add a few teaspoons of the natural citrus oil in a glass of water.
- Mix it well and pour this mixture into a spraying unit and spray it on the wall, door and window cracks as well as the common places where spiders pile up.
Are you upset seeing the spiders moving freely on your walls and doors? Do you want to get rid of the spiders in your home the natural way? Then, all you need to do is to try out some of the above mentioned easy home remedies that will help you to keep the spiders from entering your home.