What Is Herpes?
Herpes is a kind of cold sores that you can develop on your body and it is caused due to the attack of herpes simple virus. Herpes are usually seen to appear in your mouth, face, lips and sometimes in the genital area which is known as the genital herpes. It is spread mainly through sexual contact or even through intimate skin contact. The type 1 herpes simple virus 1 causes cold sores on your face, lips, mouth and sometimes causes sores on your genitals. The Type 2 herpes simple virus 2 often causes sores on your genitals. There are quite a few easy home remedies that you can try out to get rid of the primary symptoms of herpes.
Top Home Remedies For Herpes
1. Cold Compress
Cold compress is one of the most effective home treatments for herpes.
- Ice cubes can be sued to reduce the swelling or pain or the redness of the herpes.
- Apply ice cube directly on to the affected area or you can also wrap the ice cube with a plastic bag or a cloth and apply it to the infected area.
- Repeat this process every 3 to 4 hours to reduce the pain and redness of sores.
2. Epsom Salt Bath
Epsom salt is one of the useful home remedies for herpes.
- Mix a handful of salt in half bucket of water and soak the infected area in this water mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow this to dry on your skin before taking a shower.
- Add Epsom salt to a warm water bath to relax the sore muscles as well as shorten the recovery time from herpes.
- Soaking your body in a tub of hot water mixed with Epsom salt for half an hour will help pain caused by genital herpes.
One of the most popular and commonly used home remedies for herpes is lemon.
- Cut lemon pieces into halves and place the open area directly on the sores.
- You can keep it on the sores as long as you like and make sure to replace with another fresh lemon after some time.
- Lemon is very effective when used during the start of herpes outbreak.
4. Wet Tea Bag
Wet tea bags are very effective to reduce the sores of the herpes.
- Soak black tea bag in a cup of warm water for a few minutes.
- Now apply this wet tea bag on the areas affected by herpes.
- You can also soak the soft cotton in the warm black tea and apply it on the infected area.
- Black tea bags have anti inflammatory and antiviral properties.
5. Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera is a very common ingredient used for a lot of health problems.
- Apply Aloe Vera extract or juice directly on the sores to reduce the redness and also to reduce itching in the sore area.
- Use it twice a day for about 10 to 15 days to see effective results.
- You can also consume Aloe Vera juice once a day to treat herpes.
6. Baking Soda
This is an old home remedy used to treat cold sores and blisters.
- Apply baking soda directly to the areas where you feel intense itching.
- This will help in keeping the infected area dry and help in faster healing.
- You can use a cotton ball to pat the baking soda on the sores to dry them out so that the itching gets reduced.
7. Natural Oils
There are quite a few natural oils that will help in treating a lot of skin diseases.
- Apply olive or jojoba or tea tree or rosemary or Vitamin E oil on the areas that are affected by herpes.
- Leave the oil on your skin for half an hour or you can apply and leave it overnight.
- These oils can easily treat bacteria infected skin effectively.
8. Black Coffee
Using cold black coffee on sores is a good home remedy to reduce mouth herpes.
- Prepare black coffee and allow it to cool.
- Now sip the cold black coffee and keep it in your mouth and then move it over your lips.
- Apply this to your mouth and lips twice a day for a few days to get relief from mouth herpes.
9. Wear Breathable Clothing
- One of the most important things to do first when suffering from herpes is to wear cotton and loose fitting clothes.
- This will allow the air to easily circulate and will keep moisture and sweat away from the herpes infected area.
- If you suffer from genital herpes, avoid wearing synthetic or silk underwear and only go for cotton underwear.
10. Using Condoms
- If you intend to have sex during an outbreak, make sure you wear latex or vinyl condoms to protect your partner from getting infected.
- It is better to avoid sex when you are suffering from herpes.
11. Managing Stress
If you are in a bit of stress, then herpes would take more time to heal than normal.
- Make sure that you are completely relaxed and avoid stress completely to easily get rid of herpes.
- Stress suppresses the immune system of your body and hence stress management is the only way to suppress the dormant herpes virus.
Honey is a natural home remedy for a lot of health problems and heals herpes faster.
- Apply honey directly on the herpes affected area and leave it there for half an hour.
- Wash it off and pat dry the infected area.
- Repeat this process for at least two to three times a day to see effective results.
13. Herbal Tea
- Consuming herbal teat internally twice a day will help in quickly getting rid of herpes.
- Ginger tea or lemon tea or cinnamon tea or a mixture of cinnamon, ginger and lemon in black tea will work wonders for herpes.
- It is important for you to take adequate rest when suffering from herpes to boost your immune system.
- Avoid all stressful jobs like exercising or jogging etc when you are suffering from herpes.
Raw milk is known to be a very good natural remedy for sores on body.
- Apply cold milk on the herpes affected area and leave it there for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off and then pat dry.
- Milk has monocarpin fat that helps in killing viruses.
Are you suffering from itching in your genitals due to herpes? Do you want to know easy home remedies to treat herpes effectively? Just, try out some of the above easy home remedies and see if you can get rid of herpes effectively.