Sweating is the one of the excretory process of the body. Excess salts and waste are removed as sweat or perspiration. It also helps to cool our body. Sweating is common in people who are living in hot conditions or people are exerting or exercising. Sweat is also excessively produced when a person is under tension or anxious. To certain extend sweating is natural and healthy. In some people sweating occurs in excess even with minor exertion and some people suffer due to the unpleasant odor of the sweat. This is due to the action of bacteria present on your skin with the contents in the sweat. This is only a minor problem and there are many home remedies to get rid of excessive sweat and the bad odor caused by it. Here are some home remedies and lifestyle changes which will help you to overcome the problem of over sweating.
Effective Home Remedies For Excessive Sweating
1. Natural Vinegar
This is one of the best remedies to get rid of the odor of sweat. Vinegar reduces the bad odor of the sweat.
- Mix two teaspoons of vinegar with two teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar.
- Drink the mix thrice a day before the meal.
- You can also apply any of these vinegars to your underarms and other sweating areas to get rid of the odor.
2. Herbal Tea
Herbal tea is a good option to reduce excessive sweating and to reduce the sweat odor. Sage tea is especially effective. The vitamin B present in the sage helps you in reducing excessive sweating. Magnesium present in sage tea also reduces the activity of sweat glands.
- Boil sage in hot water and let it cool.
- Drink this tea 3-4 times a day
3. Witch Hazel
This herb works as a natural astringent and natural antiperspirant when applied on the body. It helps to dry the skin and prevent excess growth of the bacteria on the skin. This helps to prevent any infection
- Apply the extract of witch hazel to the parts which sweats easily
- You can also use witch hazel tea as a substitute for herbal tea
4. Tomato Juice
Tomato juice can improve the blood circulation when consumed and it acts as an anti-septic when applied on the skin. It also helps to tighten the pores in the skin. Tomato juice can be used in different ways to get rid of sweat because of these actions.
- You can either drink fresh juice of tomato every day.
- You can apply the juice on the body to tighten the pore which will in turn reduce sweating.
- Repeat the remedy every day till find some changes in sweating.
This is an easily available and most effective home remedy for hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating. This can especially prevent the sweating of the underarms.
- Slice the potatoes and rub the slices on the underarms
- Repeat the remedy every alternate day
6. Wheat Grass Juice
The juice or the extract from young wheat grass is a good home remedy for smelly sweat. It works by neutralizing the acids and toxins present in the blood. This juice is rich in proteins and vitamin and vitaminB-6, B-12 and folic acid.
- Drink one or two glasses of wheat germ juice every day to get faster results.
- This will help to cool your body and to reduce the odor caused by sweat.
7. Passion Flower
Passion flower is another home remedy to get rid of sweating.
- Instead of coffee drink tea mixed with few pinches of powdered passion flower available in health store.
8. Baking Soda And Lemon Juice
Lemon juice acts as an antiseptic and baking soda helps to cleanse the skin.
- Make a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice.
- Soak cotton pads in this mixture and apply it to the sweating areas.
- Repeat the remedy every alternate day to keep away body odor.
9. Corn Starch And Baking Soda
If you are troubled by excessive underarm sweating, go for this home remedy.
- Mix corn starch and baking soda and make a paste of it with water.
- Allow it to dry for half an hour and wash it off with water.
- You can also add essential oils to the mix to give a deodorizing effect.
10. Tea Bags
If you are experiencing excessive sweating of palms, you can use this remedy. The tannin present in tea has astringent as well as antiperspirant properties.
- Boil a cup of water and add five tea bags to it.
- When this cools down soak your palms in this for at least half an hour.
11. Tea Tree Oil
This remedy is especially useful for foot sweating. This oil has antibacterial properties and prevents the growth of bacteria in the sweating areas of the skin.
- Apply tea tree oil directly onto the foot or any other sweaty areas.
12. Drink Lots Of Water
You can drink plenty of water to reduce sweating. Drinking enough water hydrates the skin and also helps to keep the body cool. This prevents sweating. Water also flushes out the waste materials through urine reducing the concentration of the waste in the sweat. This will reduce the odor of the sweat.
- Drink six to eight glasses of water a day to reduce sweating.
13. Bathe Daily
This is one of the necessary remedy to be followed by the people with hyperhidrosis.
- Take a bath every day using any antibacterial soap.
- This will reduce the number of bacteria present on the skin and reduce the bad odor cause by sweating.
14. Reduce Caffeine Intake
Caffeine will cause anxiety in people if taken in excessive quantity. Caffeinated drinks increase perspiration.
- You can reduce perspiration either by limiting the intake or by completely stopping caffeinated drinks.
15. Changes In Food And Drink
Make changes in your food and drink, if you want to reduce sweating or the odor caused by it.
- Avoid foods with strong odors such as garlic and onions
- Hot drinks can cause excessive sweating, replace them with juices or iced-beverages.
Are you a person suffering from the embarrassment caused by excessive sweating? Are you looking for effective remedies for body odor caused by sweating? Go for the above home remedies.