It is really hard to find a human being who likes bugs and is not bothered about what the bugs do. Most of the people have an aversion towards bugs and some of these bugs rank a little higher on the ‘nasty bugs’ scale when compared to others. The very sight of these bugs makes a lot of people go haywire and crazy. The most popular bug that people love to hate and do not entertain in their homes is of course the cockroaches. It is a nasty bug that also causes a lot of unseen health hazards for human beings. Anyone who does not like the roach breeding in his or her home would look for ways and means to get rid of this nasty and troublesome bug.
How To Naturally Keep Roaches Away
Asthma And Allergies
The biggest threat that roaches posses to humans is breathing difficulties and allergies. There are many people who are allergic to roaches to some extent. If there are a lot of cockroaches present in your home, then there is no doubt that roach byproducts, like its eggs, saliva, outer shell particles as well as their feces are airborne in your home. They become part of the dust that gets accumulated in your home.
- Many of these roach byproducts are breathed in by home members and people who are allergic to roaches are sure to develop certain sickness.
- If you are allergic to roaches or suffer from asthma or breathing difficulties, then it is advisable that you wear masks that cover your nose and mouth all the time in your home. This will prevent the airborne roach byproducts from affecting you and reduce allergy and asthma problems.
There are many pest control chemicals that you van buy from the market these days. But, there is a greater element of risk using these chemicals as you will also get exposed to the smell of these harmful chemicals that you use to get rid of the roaches hidden in your home. Some of them might be made of toxic substances. So, make sure that you choose chemicals for roaches that are environment friendly and have warning signs on its cover.
- Always buy pest chemicals that are from genuine chemical manufacturers and does contain warning signs.
- Use these chemicals as per the instructions given on its cover or on the bottle.
- It is important for you to keep these sprays away from children as well as pets.
There are many essential oils that you can use to keep roaches away from your home. Many of the bugs do not like the scent of essential oils and hence these oils can be used as insect repellents. You can prepare your own homemade essential oil mixture to keep roaches from entering your home and to keep the bug diseases away.
- Peppermint oil and cypress oil are the most popular oils that can be used as cockroach repellents.
- Mix 8 drops of cypress oil in half a cup of water and add about 10 drops of peppermint oil to this mixture.
- Mix the oils well in water and spray this mixture in any nook and corner where you find a lot of roaches.
- These oils will help in preventing the roaches from entering your home and also give out a pleasant smell.
Prevent Bacteria Spreading
One of the most important things that you need to know about roaches is that they are good carriers of various types of bacteria that can cause a lot of health issues in humans. They are not choosy about where they move around but are found in gross amounts always. Use good insect repellents in crowded cockroach areas will help in breaking their groups and will make them less effective in carrying bacteria all around your home.
Do Away With Cardboards At Home
One of the most common places where roaches multiply and grow faster is a cardboard. In fact, it is the place where they breed and hand out most of the time.
- It is ideal for you to remove all the cardboard boxes or pieces lying idle in your home to easily get rid of roach menace in your home.
- Disposing of the cardboard boxes properly will lead to reduced roach activity in your home.
Keep Your Surroundings Clean
Roaches thrive in dirty environments. They are omnipresent in areas where there are waste food spillages or uncleaned plates or in trash cans.
- Keeping your kitchen as clean as possible is a good way to lessen the threat of roaches in your home.
- It is important for you to make sure that your home is always clean as this will help in reducing the gross growing of roaches.
- Make sure that you clean all your dishes and plates before going to bed to reduce roach menace.
Seal All Cracks
Roaches would be entering our homes only from the outside and hence it would be better for you to seal all the cracks in your walls or floor boards.
- Reducing the easily access points like floor cracks or wall cracks or even window pane cracks will help in reducing the amount of roaches entering your home.
- All you need is an inexpensive caulking gun to seal all the cracks in the doors, walls and floors. This will help in lessening the roaches threat and attacks to a great extent.
Are you worried seeing a lot of roaches inside your home? Do you want to easily get rid of the roach groups in your home? If you are looking for easy and natural ways to reduce the roach menace in your home and to lead a healthy and bacteria free life, then all you need to do is to try out some of the above mentioned natural remedies to reduce the amount of roaches in your home. You are sure to see visible results within a few days time by following the above mentioned natural remedies.